The Onshore Committee has responsibility for Club social activities and Club facilities including the Bar; its members are:
- Jan Baum RC Onshore
- Jillian Stanbridge - Social Captain.
- Robert Stearns - Facilities Captain, with Karen Hudson and Robin Lobb.
- Neil Hilson - Bar Captain.
Programme 2020-21: The team is pleased to provide Members with a varied social programme throughout the year; some of them returning favourites and others new events based on member feedback. 2020 is the 70th Anniversary of the Club's founding and we plan to celebrate that in style. We are always pleased to listen to your ideas and comments to help us with the programme or organisation of events, please contact us by email speak to Jan Baum or any member of the team when in the Club. Your feedback and input are hugely valued and important. We also often need help with the setting up and clearing down of events. If you are happy to help with these please let us know; you will be warmly welcomed! Below is a taster of the events already planned for the coming year and into 2021. These may be subject to change and will be added to, so look out for our updates, Music Nights being an example, by keeping an eye on the Newsletter, Social Board and website for details.
- January 25th- Burns Night
- February 15th- Barn Dance
- March 21st- St Patricks Night
- March 27th- Fitting Out Supper
- April 18th- Race Night
- May 16th- Music Night
- June 6th- Founders Day 70th anniversary celebrations
- June 27th- Summer Ball
- July 18th- Summer extravaganza
- August 22nd- Music Night
- Sept 11th- Music Night
- October 17th- Laying Up Supper
- October 24th- Trafalgar Night
- Nov 20th / 21st- Christmas Gift Fayre
- Dec 19th- Arrival of Father Christmas, carols and party
- Thu 31st Dec - NYE party
- January 23rd- Burns Night
- February - Barn Dance
- March - Fitting Out Supper
We have a number of volunteers who work in and around the Clubhouse, maintaining and improving member facilities that benefit us all. The main work is completed on a Wednesday throughout the year tackling prioritised jobs to make our Clubhouse and boat areas safe, welcoming and fit for purpose. If you want to join us working inside or out simply join us on our regular Wednesday get together. Our volunteers are hugely appreciated and really make a difference. What a great way to meet like minded Members and also to grow your social network. For further details of our work and priorities look out for the Newsletter or alternatively contact the Rear Commodore Onshore by email
Last updated 15:20 on 4 October 2021