BHYC has several boats that may be hired for use during Club activities
that is, when there is Safety Boat Cover on the water.
These activities are:
- Club dinghy cruises
- Pottering around the race course*
- Training sessions such as 'come sail with us' and 'come race with us'.
* Boats "pottering" around the course(s) should keep well clear of race marks and competitors.
Boats available and hire fees payable (per boat, per session) are:
|Boat Class||Description||Fee £|
|Optimist||For training or racing, one or two children||5|
|RS Tera||A small single hander for cadets' training or racing||5|
|Hartley 10||A small single hander for training or racing by cadets or adults.||5|
|Laser 4.7||A single hander for training or racing by cadets or adults.||5|
|Laser Radial||A single hander for training or racing by cadets or adults.||5|
|Laser Standard (New)||A single hander for training or racing by cadets or adults.||10|
|Laser Standard||A single hander for training or racing by cadets or adults.||5|
|Pico||Suitable for cruising or racing, single -handed or crewed by children or small adults||10|
|RS Feva||Light two-person racing dinghy||10|
|RS Quest||A modern family or training dinghy||20|
|420||Crewed dinghy suitable for racing||10|
|SUP||Stand up paddle board||10|
|Scow||Single handed for racing or cruising||10|
|Wayfarer World 'Nuthatch'||All-purpose day boat for up to four adults, suitable for pottering, cruising or racing.||10|
|Swan 'Scottie'||All-purpose day boat for up to four adults, suitable for pottering, cruising or racing.||15|
Booking and Payment
An advanced booking of a Club Boat can be made by authorised Club members by any one of the following methods:
- Preferred Method: By filling in the on line application form and sending it to the Club. Please follow this procedure:
- - Click on the button below to open the BHYC Boat Hire Booking System. If you have already registered to use the system, log in and enter your password.
- - If you have not used the system before, log in and create an account.
- - Follow the on-screen instructions to make your reservation, and click on the 'SUBMIT' button.
- - Your application will be confirmed by email. You will also receive a reminder two days before the hire.
- -If you wish to cancel or change your reservation, you may do so on line. Go to the booking screen, click on your reservation, and make any desired changes. The BHYC Bosun will be informed automatically.
- - Bring a copy of the form which you filled in on line (which will be attached to your confirmation email), together with your cash or cheque payment to the Club on the day of the hire.
- By email or telephone to one of the following:
Rear Commodore Offshore email@example.com Club Chief Instructor/Bosun firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your cash or cheque payment to the Club on the day of the hire.
On the day of hire, prior to sailing, authorised members must
- If not already submitted, fill out a Booking Form, (obtainable from the envelope in the foyer of the Club House or from the Jubilee Centre), and sign it to confirm agreement to the Terms & Conditions.
- In all cases, obtain the required signature from one of the personnel listed on the booking form.
- Hand the form, with the appropriate payment (in cash, or cheque payable to BHYC) over the Bar against "Hire of Boats" and receive a receipt. If the bar is closed, put the form and payment in an envelope (marked Hire of Club Boat) and hand it to the Person in Charge of the Club activity who will acknowledge receipt.
Immediately following sailing:
- A 'Comment Report on Club Boats' form (obtainable from the envelope in the foyer of the Club House, from the Training Office, or by clicking on the button below), must be completed and handed to the Club Bosun or the Person in Charge of the Club activity. Failing to do so could make the member liable for any damage caused.
Last updated 15:13 on 30 June 2020