BHYC has a number of boats, kayaks and SUPs that may be hired by members for use during Club activities
that is, when there is Safety Boat Cover on the water.
These activities are:
- Club dinghy cruises
- Pottering around the race course*
- Training sessions such as 'come sail with us' and 'come race with us'.
* Boats "pottering" around the course(s) should keep well clear of race marks and competitors.
Boats available and hire fees payable (per boat, per session) are:
|Boat Class||Suitability||No. of Club Boats||Daily Hire Charge|
|Hartley 10||Crew: 1/2 Youth||3||£5|
|RS Tera||Crew: 1 Youth||2||£5|
|Pico||Crew: 1/2 Youth & Adult||6||£10|
|RS Feva||Crew: 2 Youth||4||£10|
|Lasers||Crew: 1 Youth & Adult||6||£5/£10|
|RS Quest||Crew: 2 Youth & Adult & Family||1||£20|
|Scow||Crew:1 Youth & Adult||1||£10|
|Swan||Crew: 1/2 Youth & Adult & Family||1||£15|
Conditions of hire will be found here.
Booking and Payment
An advanced booking of a Club Boat, SUP or Kayak can be made by authorised Club Members by following the online booking system as follows;
- Log in to this web site if you have not already done so and click on the 'Book Now' button below.
- Select the type of craft which you wish to hire, then the specific craft.
- On the new page which appears, select the day hire slot then select a date on the calendar (the calendar takes a few seconds to fill in).
- Scroll down to below the calendar to see the price and if you wish to proceed, check the box to accept the terms and conditions and then 'Add to Cart'. Then you can either make another booking or pay using your PayPal account or your credit or debit card.
- Your application will be confirmed by email. You will also receive a reminder three days before the hire date.
- If you wish to cancel or change your reservation, you cannot do so on line. Contact the BHYC Office to make any changes.
If you need any help or support please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 873911 during office hours. Please contact the Bosun during weekends who will be onsite or contactable via email@example.com.
Immediately following sailing:
- If any problems have been encountered during the hire, a 'Comment Report on Club Boats' form (obtainable from the envelope in the foyer of the Club House, from the Training Office, or by clicking on the button below), must be completed and handed to the Club Bosun or the Person in Charge of the Club activity. Failing to do so could make the member liable for any damage caused.
Last updated 16:42 on 18 September 2021