BHYC WEEKLY NEWS ISSUE 742 23rd September 2020
AGM September 25th 2020
Dear fellow Members,
For Members joining to listen to the AGM meeting online, please click on the following Zoom link for tuition and information regarding downloading the Zoom programme. The information is very straightforward however, if you need any advice or help please contact John Maher, firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be pleased to support you. An invite to the Zoom meeting will be sent to you on Friday via an all Member email, this is a private invite to Members only, click on the link on Friday 25th September before 8pm to join the AGM.
Online voting was made available on the 11th September as follows; in order to facilitate participation in important decisions, Members unable to attend the AGM can vote online, please click onto the link provided via the Newsletter notification to cast your votes.
As a reminder, the AGM Booklet for 2020 is available via our website, under Secretariat on the website then click onto Members Document's. The AGM will take place at the Clubhouse on Friday 25th September at 8 pm, as previously advised. The accounts that have now been issued are draft, the lockdown has caused considerable delay to both BHYC and Bright Brown, our Auditors, creating a back-log of work that could not be resolved quickly.
You will also be aware that we have restricted AGM attendance to 30, in line with Government advice for events. All spaces have been booked. We are operating a waiting list, email email@example.com should you wish to register your interest, in the event of a cancellation, filled on a first come basis.
Updated Clubhouse Restrictions
Yesterday, there was new guidance issued by the Government to combat the rise in Covid cases and to minimise the potential for further cases for the next several weeks and maybe months. From Thursday 24th September we must operate a Bar table service and we are also required to have everyone off the premises by 10pm. We have not been given much time to implement the new measures so we will gradually improve process as we go along. To that end, we are reviewing staffing levels to ensure we can serve you promptly however, undoubtedly at busier times there may be a short wait so please bear with us.
It is now compulsory for all of us to wear a face covering while moving around the Clubhouse. Once you have found yourself a table and taken a seat, you can remove your face covering. Once at your table we will take your order, payment and return your order to your table. When you leave your table, for whatever reason, you must replace your face covering until your return to your table or your are outside the Clubhouse.
This is the law of the land and we must strictly follow the above until Government advise otherwise.
The need to be vigilant with regards to H&S has been heightened following the announcement yesterday. Your comfort and safety is extremely important and we need your support to achieve the safe environment we all want. Changes to restrictions take effect on Thursday 23rd September as the Government refocus on Coronavirus and continual ways to combat the spread. Please do not be complacent and let your guard down as you are aware, Coronavirus remains a real issue and not gone away. We must continually remind you of the following;
- From Thursday 24th September, you must wear a face mask to enter the Clubhouse.
- Sign-in every time you visit the Clubhouse, annotate you name, contact number or Membership number and the time you entered the Clubhouse.
- From Thursday 24th September, once at your table, and while you remain seated, you can remove your face covering.
- From Thursday 24th September, please find a table and be seated, we will take your order at your table.
- The rule of six means you must maintain social distancing with other groups i.e. do not table hop, keep socialising within your group for the duration of your stay.
- Remember to social distance at all times.
- Follow the H&S Notice guide.
- Avoid touching surfaces and furniture other than where you are sitting.
- Always clean the area after use with the cleaning materials available throughout the Clubhouse.
- Tables have been positioned to maximise social distancing and must not be moved please.
- Always return your empty and used glasses to the Bar following your stay.
- All dogs must be be kept on a lead at all times while on Club premises.
Please think of your fellow Members at all times.
In general please be mindful of cleanliness and social distancing at all times. Our aim is to ensure you feel comfortable and safe. We cannot achieve this without your cooperation, if in doubt ask for advice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 11:40 on 23 September 2020